Citrus Community College
Under the direction of Network, Central Computing and Telecommunications Systems Supervisor, administers the District databases and integrates the database elements into a common system for the purpose of improving efficiency of knowledge management and applications development and maintenance activities. Develops, designs, administers, documents, and evaluates a variety of database systems including installing original operating systems and database applications, applying patches and updates, monitoring of system performance, analyzing and troubleshooting errors and problems. Performs complex technical, analytical and professional services involving database-driven Web sites, office operations support, and problem resolution. Works with enterprise level operating systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and maintains the district databases and the data element dictionary. Implements controls necessary for access to the database.
- Maintains enterprise software applications. Installs application patches and updates and maintains application level security.
- Monitors operation of interfaces between enterprise software applications and college-wide ERP system.
- Works with enterprise application vendors for maintenance and support.
- Stays current with trends in enterprise software applications.
- Develops and enforces database user standards and procedures, audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using appropriate commands, hand-editing, and bulk import of data.
- Evaluates database server integrity and security; assumes the lead for development and implementation of new database projects.
- Installs and maintains required hardware for database servers, storage, and associated network connectivity.
- Provides technical support for backups and restores enterprise data and applications, disaster recovery documentation and storage of offsite data for enterprise systems.
- Performs security and operational updates to databases and operating systems surrounding campus databases.
- Performs programming duties to maintain software and database operations for vendor supplied and in-house developed software. Develops programs to interface third party software with in-house applications.
- Provides assistance to programmers in the use of district databases. Acts as a resource to programmers in the use of specific databases in project development and program maintenance assignments.
- Monitors the use and availability of on-line database storage resources. Participates in the evaluation and selection of data storage and retrieval equipment and database system software.
- Monitors server/firewall logs for errors and security information and network monitoring for traffic flow and security.
- Develops complex reporting applications interfacing data from various software applications and databases.
- Consults with users and vendors in diagnosing and solving all database software and data-related problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and methods of database design, development and integration.
- Techniques of data systems analysis, design and programming.
- Oracle Database Administration and best practices.
- SQL Server Administration and best practices.
- SQL programming language.
- Operational characteristics of enterprise software applications.
- Methods and techniques of software application troubleshooting.
- Principles of basic report preparation.
- Enterprise application security practices and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy.
- Customer service protocol.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and determine strategies for resolving hardware and software malfunctions related to enterprise applications.
- Schedule and arrange for computer hardware, software and network maintenance, installations and repairs related to enterprise applications.
- Provide support to faculty and staff the use of various enterprise applications.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
Minimum Qualifications: See Education and Experience below.
- Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) Certification
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification
- Experience with Enterprise Systems in higher education
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in computer sciences or a related field, and two years of designing and programming databases and operating systems experience;
- In the absence of a bachelor's degree, an associate degree, or the completion of at least sixty (60) college-level semester units, and four years of designing and programming databases and operating systems experience;
- In the absence of an associate degree, or at least sixty (60) college-level semester units, six years of designing and programming databases and operating systems experience.
- Incumbent must be able to function effectively indoors engaged in work of primarily a sedentary nature.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods to accomplish data entry and deskwork.
- Requires sufficient arm, hand, and finger dexterity in order to use a personal computer keyboard, multi-media presentation, and other office equipment.
- Requires normal hearing and speaking skills to communicate in one-on-one and small group settings and distinguish sound prompts from equipment.
- Requires visual acuity to read printed materials and computer screens.
"CITRUS COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER."
It is the policy of the District not to discriminate against and to encourage a diversity of applicants based on national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, use of family and medical care leave, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one of more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications are considered legal documents, and as such, all areas of the application must be completed or your application packet will be considered incomplete, and will not be moved forward. While it may be appropriate in some areas of your application to use "NA" (not applicable), do not use terms such as "see resume" or "see attached". When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documents, and those additional documents you choose to include, are attached BEFORE clicking the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming. It is advisable to attach "Optional" documents first, and then "Required" documents once you are ready to click on the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming.
Application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be complete. A resume will not substitute for a fully completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications will be rejected. When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Additional documents CANNOT be added to your electronic application packet once you click on "Finished Attaching Documents" and receive your confirmation number; so, please be sure you have all documents you will upload handy and in an electronic format. THE APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS LARGER THAN 2MB. IF YOUR DOCUMENTS DO NOT UPLOAD, PLEASE RESIZE. If you do not have all your documents handy at the time you are applying for the position, we advise you to click on "Finish Attaching Documents Later". Be sure, however, to finish attaching your documents BEFORE the close or first consideration date for the position. Please remember, you will NOT be able to attach additional documents after you have selected "Finished Attaching Documents" and have received a confirmation number, and you will not be able to apply for a position after the position has closed.
Please note: should an applicant apply for a position more than once, only the most recently received application packet will be the one screened for completeness. All others will be deemed inactive, and will not be considered, regardless of completeness.
We regret we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed, or hand delivered application materials outside the online Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Only application materials submitted through this electronic format will be accepted. Exception: The Citrus College Form 101 must be mailed or hand delivered to the Director of Human Resources in a sealed, confidential envelope.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to candidates with verified disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made at the time the interview appointment is scheduled.
All employees within the bargaining unit are required to pay dues as a member of the exclusive representative or pay an agency fee.
Starting salary for a new classified hire at Citrus College is fixed at Step 1.
--Candidates must upload copies of all transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications for this position.
--Official transcripts will be required at the time of the job offer.
--Transcripts must be from the awarding institution, and must show that the degree has been awarded (or conferred) and the year.
--Degree(s) must be earned (or conferred) from accredited institution(s) or an equivalent foreign institution by the first consideration date for this position.
--All degrees must be verifiable on a legible transcript by the indicated first consideration date for this position.
--Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bona fide U.S. evaluation service.
--A selection committee will review application packages of those candidates who have met the minimum qualifications for this position, and will select a limited number of qualified candidates for an interview.
--Each candidate may be asked to make a presentation on a topic of the selection committee's choice. The candidate will be informed of the topic when an interview appointment is scheduled.
--Each candidate may be asked to provide a sample of his or her writing ability just prior to the interview.
--Travel costs must be borne by the applicant.
--Final candidates for faculty, management, and supervisor/confidential positions may be interviewed by the Superintendent/President.
--If selected as a finalist, the candidate permits the District to contact the current and former employer(s) to investigate past employment history.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://employment.citruscollege.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51694
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency